Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Has anyone ever told you that you look just like..."

Okay, so this is admittedly not my most thought-provoking post, but it does have to do with an "Aha!" heritage connection I made today. And I do think it's a mildly entertaining topic.

From people who know me well, to total strangers, I've been told for years now that I look like Barbra Streisand. I even have two friends, from totally unrelated phases in my life, who've both nick-named me "Barb". It happened to me again today. One of my neighbors who I've only waved to in passing, stopped me today and told me that every time he sees me, he thinks, "She looks just like Barbra Streisand!"

So my "Aha!" moment occurred when I started thinking about where this look might have come from that so many people have observed over the years. Take a look back at this picture of my Great Granna and I think the mystery is solved!

(No relation to Barbra as far as I know.) But I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree, I just never noticed it until today.

So, who do you look like?

6 comments:

The Lane Family said...

That is so cool!! I have thought before that you do look like Barbara and you have A LOT of musical talent!! That is so interesting that as you looked back the look comes from your Granna.

As for me...I am told I look a lot like my mom and I certainly have a lot of her traits and consider that a good thing.

shauna said...

Oh, chica, I'm giggling over this. You looks TONS like your Granna, but nothing like Barbara!! But nevertheless, you are beautiful inside and out. :-)

Arian Goodman Johnson said...

Hahaha! Thanks, Shauna!

Mumsie said...

Kirk gave us your cd for Christmas. The music is lovely and you're much prettier than Barbra.
Kirk's Mom

Arian Goodman Johnson said...

Thank you, Kirk's Mom! : ) It was such a treat to have his amazing talents on this project and we miss them a lot. I'm sure you do, too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Frizzy said...

Wow! I never noticed that but can see it now very clearly in the pics you provided. Too funny!